- Settling in – this will happen over a 2-3 day period depending on the child.
Due to circumstances at present please follow guidelines outlined in our COVID 19 operational guidance.
- The room routines vary according to age and you can find out more details if you visit the individual rooms’ page. Appropriate rest and meal times as well as planned activities to support the Early Years Curriculum. Also, very importantly, there is outdoor play and free play to allow your child to explore and play, making decisions for themselves.
- Out of school programme gives the opportunity for children to do their homework with support/supervision from a member of staff if required.
- St Patricks Day
- Good Friday, Easter Monday and Tuesday
- Early May Bank Holiday
- Spring Bank Holiday
- Twelfth and Thirteenth July
- Summer Bank Holiday
- Christmas break
- The Tax-free Childcare scheme, introduced in 2018, offers working families 20% support towards childcare costs up to certain limits. Please visit www.gov.uk/tax-free-childcare for more information. We accept tax free childcare as a method of payment for our nursery service.
- We also accept Employers for Childcare vouchers
- Methods of payment – Standing Order, cash or card payments.
- Annually by the Early Years team. All our rooms consistently receive excellent reports from our inspections.
- All our staff are Access NI checked and vetted by the Early Years Team before commencing employment.
- We pride ourselves on the continual professional development of our staff.
Staff training/Qualifications to date
BSC Accounts & Economics
CCLD Level 5 – 4 in total
NVQ 2 & NVQ 3
Certificate in Management – 3 staff
Community leadership – 4 staff
Designated Officer – 3 staff
Covid-19 Infection, prevention and control – All
Child Protection – All
Health & Safety – All
1st Aid – All
Food Hygiene – 5 staff
Managing children’s behaviour – All
Special needs – 4 staff
Fire safety – All
GDPR – All
Cluster training – 2 staff
Music and the 7 areas of learning – 1
Autism – All
Curriculum training – 2 staff
Media Initiative – 1 staff
Transition training – 2 staff
Hearing impaired – 1 staff
Wellcomm training – All
Risk Assessment – All
ACE training – 2staff
Changing time is chatting time – All
Signs of safety – 2 staff
COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control for Childcare – All
- We have five-star rating from the Environmental Health Agency. Meals are bought in from Moon & Spoon and heated by staff who hold the relevant food safety qualification. Snacks are prepared by staff.
- The children with allergies are identified in the food preparation and serving areas so all staff have a visual alert of any requirements. All our staff are trained in First Aid which includes the use of Epi-Pens.
- North Belfast News – BEST OF THE NORTH 2019 – WINNER BEST CRECHE
- Families First Awards – COMMUNITY DAYCARE – OUTDOOR LEARNING ENVIROMENT – WINNER 2019
- Families First Awards – BEST DAYCARE INNER CITY – WINNER 2019
- All fees are charged monthly in advance. Fees are payable during periods of absence from the nursery, including sickness and holidays. Fees are not due when we are closed.
- The nursery is open from 8.30 am to 5pm. Part time sessions are from 9am to 1pm or 1pm to 5pm. Parents must adhere to session times and respect staff’s working hours.
- On acceptance of a place, a deposit of £50 is required. Four weeks’ notice is required if you wish to withdraw your child from the nursery. Your deposit will then be refunded when your child leaves provided your account has been settled. Fees are payable during the notice period.
- If you wish to alter the number of days attending, please discuss with Karen – Early Yrs. Manager.
- Should your child become ill during nursery hours, a manager will contact you. If your child is suffering from an illness that may cause cross infection, discomfort or distress, then you will be requested to collect your child. We ask you to keep your child off during their illness, allowing at least 48 hours from the last occasion with sickness and diarrhoea.
- Designated adults who have been introduced to our carers may only collect children. In the event of an emergency please ring reception.
- Outings: Parents will asked to sign a permission form allowing their child to go out into the local area. Outings other than the locality of the nursery will be notified by letter and permission requested in advance.